The Grace Girl Style Edit Series - CARA
Ever wondered what she gets up to on her days off? We chatted to her and found out her secrets on all things fashion & beauty.
Where did your interest in fashion stem from? Have you had anyone in particular influence your style growing up?
My very first job was working with my Dad at his local news-agency. When the shop was not buzzing with people, I would sneak off to raid the magazines and would always be drawn to the fashion section. I remember being obsessed with the Supermodels of the time – Cindy, Linda, Christy, Naomi. The way they inhabited the pieces they wore, my 15-year old self was hooked.
As for my interest in fashion, my parents always say that I inherited it from my Grandmother. She was known for her classic co-ordinated ensembles. Her gloves always matched her bag or her dress and she loved a hat!
How would you describe your own style in three words?
On a typical day off I like to….
If I can’t start my day with breakfast out with a friend, a Pilates class at T-Form Studio in Hawksburn Village is a priority. It is just as valuable to my mental health as my physical health. This year I’ve been trying to cook more plant-based meals so I’ve got into the habit of cooking up a big batch of curry or stew and eating it throughout the week. And while this all sounds a little too healthy, anyone that
knows me well knows that I love a good Netflix binge on the couch. Sometimes that's just what I need to recharge.
My Go-To Brands/Products.
1. For my skincare, I cannot live without Sunday Riley Luna Oil. It is a plant-derived Retinol that is gentle on the skin but completely restorative. My skin is genuinely worse off without it.
2. For make-up, Chanel’s Soleil Tan De Chanel is essential. It is a cream bronzer that has been around for years. Make-up artists swear by it and it is not too dark for a fair-skinned gal like myself.
3. For clothing, it is all about Proenza Schouler, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Bella Freud. I am officially knitwear obsessed. Whatever the weather, if I fall in love with a jumper, it is coming home with me. Non Grace brand '& Other Stories' (H&M's sophisticated sister) is a brand that also features heavily in my wardrobe and is a go-to favourite when travelling overseas.
What are your favourite picks this season and how will you be wearing them?
Thank goodness the sport-luxe trend is here to stay, as it is calling my name at the moment. We have the most incredible tie dye sweatshirt from Proenza’s White Label (PSWL) that will be perfect as we move into cooler weather. I'm wearing it with a cropped, neat suit pant and a clean white trainer.
As Europe moves into Spring/Summer and I religiously trawl street style photos from the last month of fashion weeks, I am being drawn to a floral blouse that we have from Preen. It is pink and purple and far too feminine for me normally…except it has a striped back panel that gives it some edge. Worn with high-waisted straight leg jeans and a sock boot, I might just pull it off!
What are your must-have wardrobe staples?
1. Jeans: While it is all about the straight leg jean at the moment, there will always be an appropriate time for skinnies, especially as I love an oversized jumper. For straight leg jeans, I go to Frame Denim and AG’s Farrah’s are my skinnies of choice.
2. A Sharp Blazer: My Balmain jacket is the hardest working item in my wardrobe. It makes an all-black outfit pop, it gives a polished feel to a vintage tee and Converse and adds opposition to a floaty, feminine dress.
3. Logo/ Slogan Tee: Add 1, 2 and 3 together and you have an outfit. Easy! Rika, Etre Cecile and Balmain dominate this category.
4. Anything Leopard Print – This print never goes out of style and is perfect for Summer or Winter. Complete the look with a clashing stripe and I could not be happier. Proenza Schouler’s current Leopard Mule is my dream shoe!
What wardrobe gaps do you currently have?
I am currently on the hunt for the perfect checked blazer. We have had 3 in-store that I had my eye on (Petar Petrov, Equipment and Rag & Bone) but suddenly there’s been a rush on jackets and they’ve all sold out in my size. Back to the drawing board I guess….
What is in your handbag?
Far too much! Of course there are the boring staples...keys, phone, a million hair ties and my card holder. The more interesting things are my Fendi Logo sunnies, my Mario Badescu facial spray to spritz during the day and my Mecca Cosmetica De-Luscious Lip Balm in Nude. I go through at least one pot a month!
What will we see you wearing in-store next?
I recently bought a crisp cotton, red-striped shirt from Rika and with the cooler days we’ve been having, this has been worn on high rotation. Balmain have just released a classic breton tee with their iconic gold buttons on the shoulder that will be perfect for the warm days still ahead of us.
Finally, Ines & Marechal have created a more tapered, sporty style leather pant that so many clients have looked amazing in. I think they may be next on my list.
A brand created with the vision of producing perfectly tailored and exquisitely crafted blazers and jackets, Blazé Milano has quickly become a go-to in our year round wardrobes. With a focus on long-wearing staples, we were soon drawn to the label’s collection of classic styles that will be timeless for years to come. Discover the Missy Everynight blazer for a relaxed option that is crafted in a chic weaved fabrication with the brand’s signature gold-tone buttons. Perfect for every occasion, this is a style to invest in now and wear forever.
There’s no denying that Blazé Milano’s SS24 collection has been designed and crafted to stand the test of time. From their staple blazers to soft as silk knitwear and vintage appeal denim, this collection will be taking you from the office to the weekend and every occasion in between. We’re thrilled to bring the Spring Summer 24 collections to you - we’re sure you’re going to love it just as much as we did in that beautiful Parisian apartment during Paris Fashion Week.